Ceramic tiles and Porcelain tiles are clay tiles. Porcelain uses feldspar in addition to white clay. On the other hand, ceramic tiles can be made with red clay, brown clay, as well as white clay. The main difference between the two is that porcelain is more water-resistant than ceramic. That said, both these tiles, ceramic and porcelain, are absolutely stunning options to renovate kitchens’ floors and walls.
In this guide, we will be specifically talking about the benefits of using porcelain and ceramic tiles to renovate kitchens and the stunning variety that’s offered at elite stores and showrooms such as Ceramique au Sommet. Dive in for all the details!
Porcelain Tiles for Kitchen Walls and Floors – Benefits and Types
Porcelain, as we have already mentioned, resists absorbing water to a very large extent. Naturally, not absorbing water is a clear demonstration that they won’t absorb stains from foods and drinks. Hence, not only are porcelain tiles water-resistant, they don’t catch stains either. Thus, they can make excellent mosaics and backsplashes for kitchen walls. Other benefits that are noteworthy as well are as follows!
- Porcelain tiles are dense. Hence, they last for decades.
- They’re tough. Naturally, it makes them impact-resistant too.
- Porcelain tiles are extremely affordable.
The stunning variety in porcelain textures that are getting popular day by day includes honed porcelain tiles, bush-hammered porcelain tiles, and cleaved porcelain tiles.
Ceramic Tiles for Kitchen Floors and Walls – Benefits and Types
They may not be as non-porous as porcelain tiles are, but ceramic tiles are still water-resistant to a very large extent. Needless to say, they resist moisture as well as stains from foods and drinks because they don’t absorb liquids much. Other reasons why ceramic tiles are so popular are as follows:
- You’ll never find as much variety as you will in ceramic tiles. They are available in a gamut of colors. Not to forget, they can be cut into any shape that you desire.
- Ceramic tiles do not require any special treatment. They don’t harbor dust. Hence, they can be cleaned easily.
- Ceramic tiles are truly economical when they’re installed properly. An individual damaged tile can be easily replaced without damaging the nearby tiles. Hence, you won’t have to shell out hundreds of dollars to get minor imperfections rectified over a period.
- Broad and large ceramic tiles are perfect options for small kitchens.
All in all, whether it’s porcelain tiles that you choose or ceramic tiles, both types will offer astoundingly wonderful variety when purchased from sellers such as Ceramique au Sommet Montreal.